“That night destroyed my life,” one of the young men, identified as Petre, told La Repubblica and Corriere della Sera newspapers in lengthy interviews on Thursday.
When asked what happened the night he allegedly spent with the social media manager, he replied: “Sex and drugs”.
Speaking from Romania, he said: “I’m back home, I’m really in pain from the drugs we took. I lost my mind for days.
He said he was so upset and ashamed by what had happened that he called the rifle police. “I wanted to ask them for help,” he said.
The accusations come just days before millions of Italians vote in municipal and municipal elections across the country and risk damaging the League’s prospects.
MEPs accused Salvini, whose party is part of Italy’s broad governing coalition, of hypocrisy and double standards, especially after he said he would support Morisi.
While campaigning for an election in January last year, Mr. Salvini rang the doorbell of a Tunisian migrant family, asking them in front of television cameras if they were drug traffickers.
“When a friend makes a mistake you don’t expect and Luca has hurt himself more than the others, you get angry with him first, and in a big way,” Salvini said. “But then you reach out to help her up.”
Angela Barbaglio, district attorney, confirmed that Mr. Morisi “has been entered in the register of persons under investigation for alleged transfer of narcotics”.
Fabio Pinelli, lawyer for Mr. Morisi, denied having supplied drugs to the two young Romanians. He said his client wanted to “explain all aspects of this case.”