Hours: Monday to Friday inclusive, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (totaling 35 hours per week)
The road transport industry is a dynamic and critical sector on which the UK economy depends. The Road Haulage Association (RHA) is the only UK trade association dedicated solely to the needs of UK road hauliers. It is the voice of the road transport profession, an advocate for its interests and a respected partner of the wider logistics community. We represent approximately 7,000 member companies.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic Social Media Manager to reshape the digital strategy of one of the UK’s most prominent professional associations. We have a strong following and high engagement on our platforms that we are keen to build on. We need someone with a clear vision on how to take our social media to the next level. Is it you?
- You will have a definitive vision of the growth of our presence on social networks
- You will have experience developing channel and campaign strategies
- You will bring creative ideas to grow our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok channels
- You will be an expert in using analytics to inform editorial strategy
- We are looking for someone with strong visual skills – video and photos – and the ability to edit this content
- You will have top-notch communication skills and a solid background in public relations or journalism
- You will have excellent writing ability – able to work with precision and speed and deliver versioned content for every channel including our news app and magazine
- The role also includes assisting the Head of Information and Media to increase our media visibility with broadcasters, newspapers and trade press.
- You will be able to quickly get ahead of the road transport industry issues and brief authoritative journalists on RHA policy and industry priorities
- You will be a first class team player with a sense of humor in our dynamic virtual media office
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Review, redefine and implement our social media strategy
- Increase our profile and engagement on social media
- Promote social media best practices across the organization
- Produce varied, high-quality content across multiple platforms
- Analyze content and platform performance
- Write articles for our news app and magazine
- Write press releases and brief journalists
- Edit and proofread copy
- Be flexible and available to cover certain on-call duties in the evenings and on weekends
- Ability to produce and implement a social media strategy
- Understand, articulate and use analytics
- First-class content creation
- Excellent writing
- An eye for a story – and how to shape it for different platforms
- Proactive story generation
- Strong photography and video skills
- Strong teamwork skills are essential as we have many internal and external stakeholders, including a marketing agency that you will need to build a strong relationship with